Cream Cheese Chicken
--1 can cream of mushroom soup
--frozen chicken--enough to feed four adults
--2 T Italian seasoning (I thought this was a bit strong but Blake liked it)
--1/2 tsp celery seed
--1 T onion powder
--1 T sugar
--1/4 tsp black pepper
--1 tsp kosher salt
--2 cloves minced garlic
--block of cream cheese (to add later)
The Directions.
-Put everything except for the cream cheese into the crockpot.
-Cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 4 hours) or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred.
-Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the block of cream cheese.
-Switch the crock to high (if it was originally on low) and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted.
--Serve over pasta.
Verdict: Blake gives it a 5/5 stars. I give it 4/5 stars and intend to decrease the Italian seasoning amount next time. A bit strong and it made my house smell >:(
This new house is making me want to cook all the time!! I made a 2 week meal plan for us:
Tues-Shepherd's Pie
Wed-Hot dogs
Thurs-Spaghetti
Fri-Cheesy Crockpot Chicken
(gone on weekend)
Mon-homemade pizza
Tues-Brown Sugar Chicken (crockpot)
Wed-Broccoli Beef
Thurs-Breakfast for dinner
Fri-Chicken Tortilla Soup
We'll see if I stick to it! Sometimes I change my mind. Well, I change my mind a lot. Unless I only buy ingredients that fit these meals. Which, after a month of no groceries, I have some stocking up to do...
I can't wait for Thanksgiving. I have so many recipes I want to try! And, I intend to try to make a turkey breast in the crockpot. I think it's going to be delicious.
Hey Jenna,
ReplyDeleteI love all the recipes you put up because it helps me with dinner ideas. I also like your booklist. I read "The Other Boleyn Girl" because you ranked it 5/5. I just finished a book that struck me as similar. Besides the fact that I was trying to finish reading it while making a non-crockpot dinner, it seems to be around the same time period and has a very engaging first-person narrative. It's called "The Wet Nurse's Tale" by Erica Eisdorfer. I think you'll find it another 5/5.