Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mission: Clean Up

Yesterday marked day 1 of our mission: house clean up. It's so dirty! But, I am glad to say it's not a "caked" on dirt. It comes off pretty easy with just soap and water. We tackled the kitchen yesterday and Blake went around and took off all the hardware and lightswitch plates and stuff. I wiped down the cabinets and swept them out and swept the kitchen and entry floors...that took us from 6pm-10pm last night. But, I am already feeling like I'll really like our house. I am going to shop today for a nice robin's egg blue for our laundry room. Right now our laundry room is mustard yellow. Well, the top half is. The people before us ran out of steam and so our laundry room is two-toned mustard yellow and violet I think. I am also going to need a lot of shelf-liner.

I've decided Blake and I are dangerously near our breaking point in our schedule. The only thing that is keeping us going right now is that we know we'll have a break at the end of November. If we can get there, then it will be over for a while. We've not had a free weekend at home since August 2nd. Wow, I just calculated that. That is not healthy. Our next weekend that should be free at home is November 22nd. That's too long. But, if we can just get moved in and get past these CD release concerts we'll feel a lot better. Blake is having to design a whole new concert program for these next two weekends of concerts and we just don't have enough hours in the day to do all this. Surprisingly my attitude is doing okay! We'll just do what we can do and not worry about the rest.

If anyone would like to help us paint we sure could use the help. It'll probably be next week sometime and we'll just do it all one night.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I'm so glad that all of that closing mess is finally over for you guys and now you get to go in and make it your own :) We sure do miss you guys!! I can't believe how crazy that schedule is, I would be in wear-down mode for sure. Call or email when you guys will be painting and hopefully we can come help! We can also send an email out to the small group if you would like, and hopefully get some takers there too! Praying for you guys, and all of your upcoming tasks.

    ReplyDelete