Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pictureless

We're in the new house :) I am so excited. Because of our hard work the house looks awesome (with still a lot to do but oh well) and so things are really starting to look homey. I title this post "Pictureless" because my camera is somewhere in the new house. Somewhere. So I don't have pictures yet. Blake's dad came up Monday night to help us move, and what a super-man!! He and Blake got the whole house moved yesterday! I even took a day off work to help and it went really smoothly. We still have some odds and ends at the old house, but we will take care of those today and give the house a good cleaning. After only a week of advertising the house is for rent, we have new tenants taking over our lease!! No double payments, such a blessing.

We were concerned about our fridge fitting. The space where it is supposed to go is a cut out surrounded by cabinets, and then the wall...which the previous owners had cut into to get their fridge to fit. So yes, there is a gaping hole in the drywall by the fridge space. But, thankfully....the fridge fits!!! Just barely. I can't believe it.

We also moved Sticker over last night. We were a little anxious over moving her since it's a big change. We have been told to keep her indoors for 2 weeks to aclimate her to the new location. I shut her in the bathroom last night with a litter box and blanket and she adjusted beautifully! She even used the litter box, I was amazed--I don't know if she's ever used one. I'm hoping she will get used to things soon. She settled down pretty quickly though and seems to like the bathroom, so that is all good news!!

1 comment: